Sunday, December 30, 2007

Drops Cardigan 66-6 Finished





I am a contortionist now, after taking my own pictures in the mirror. I'm not unhappy with them either, and the sweater cabling shows up nicely. The cardigan took almost 7 skeins of Louet Gems Merino sport weight in grape. The yarn is fantastic and has wonderful stitch definition, and is also machine washable and dryable. Not important for a garment for me, but for others, it would be.

This is the final project for my correspondence course from The Knitting Guild of America's Finishing Techniques. I learned whole lot and now have a wonderful notebook of samples and notes for my further study. I am now the queen of mattress stitch!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is beautiful and fits you perfectly. I'm sure you made the necklace, too. Gorgeous combination.

The cables show up wonderfully. Nice job!