Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Honeysuckle Rose Socks from Start to Finish






This roving is from FiberOptics etsy shop and is the softest, most wonderful stuff. Comprised of 80% merino and 20% it should hold up for socks, which is a good thing since I am wearing them right now.

The socks started out as a wonderful roving, and then spun and made into a 2-ply. I only got 222 yards out of the 4 oz roving because my spinning was not fine enough, but they made great toe-up socks. You can see where the two socks are still attached to the skein, so that I could use up every last inch. The final picture shows the only yarn left over, and those are the pieces from the toes where I cast on, after I had woven the ends in.

1 comment:

Lucy said...

Gorgeous! I must learn to do toe-up socks so that I can make the most of handspun yarn and not run out or waste any! Are they difficult?