Friday, September 10, 2010

Cotton Lace Tank



Just finished up a summer tank (now that summer is on its way out) and it turned out beautifully! I'm very happy at the fit and workmanship. The yarn is Dale of Norway Svale which I bought in Yorktown, and consists of cotton, rayon, and silk. It is the most splitty yarn I have knit but it worked up very very nicely and the gauge is very firm. Most cotton yarn will stretch and I did not want that to happen, so I used a size 4 needle. The top has not even been blocked yet (I admit it: I have already worn it) but it looks just fine. I took the sweater to the local bead shop, Tada, at York River Yacht Haven, to look for beads for the end of the cord and with the help of the owner's husband, we determined that sea glass, in soft aqua, was ideal. I just happened to have some in my small sea glass stash and drilled holes in the glass and sewed them on. It looks so sweet!

2 comments:

Robin said...

So beautifully knit ~ I'll bet you love wearing this lovely top!

Sharon said...

Lovely addition to your wardrobe. The color must look beautiful on you. I can't believe you didn't block it....