Sunday, January 09, 2011

Bright Chullo Hat




This is a kit from Knit Picks and it included 9 balls of wool Palette in gorgeous jewel colors, and a pattern. This was a lot of fun to make, but it was a challenge to knit the ear flaps, since they were knit flat, and it required stranded knitting on the wrong side. The entire hat weighs 70 gms, which is about one and a half balls so there are a lot of hats left unknit!!

I know that I probably shouldn't wear this hat because of my .... er, age, but I'm going to anyway.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Great hat for dog walking, enjoy it..

Acornbud said...

Wear it and be proud! It is beautiful:)

Lynneth said...

Gorgeous! Is the hat lined? I'd be curious to see what the inside looks like, especially the ear flaps. I've taken a class to learn how to strand/Fair Isle, but haven't attempted it outside the class yet. I could see how the ear flaps were a bit tricky. I love the colors!s