The wrist ribbing was totally stretched out from over-zealous blocking on my new wooly board, and I had thought to try to rewet and reblock, but it was so stretched out that I felt as though it would be useless to try, so I just reknit the wrist bands. Now they look a lot better.
The first band I knit for the center of the cardigan worked out well. Even the colors cooperated. But the buttonholes for the other band were another story. I reknit the first buttonhole about 10 times before it started making any sense to me, and each buttonhole got better as I went along, although I am not totally happy with them. Then I went on the the tacking down of steeks on the inside. I will not show the inside on my blog, since it looks quite awful, primarily because of the color changes. I overcast and tacked the edges with purple on the first band, and while it looked acceptable on the purple and red sections, it was hideous on the yellow and green since it showed up very vividly. The only way around this was to have cut multiple sections of color from the remaining yarn, and I wasn't about to do that. So it will have to do.
The collar ribbing is also slightly too big, and I am going to do some single crochet around the edge to see if I can tighten it up slightly. The sweater is very comfortable to wear, and it looks fairly good if one doesn't inspect the inside. Polymer clay buttons are up next, but since I'm going on vacation tomorrow(!!) it will have to wait.