Thursday, July 05, 2007

Stashbusters Spiral Socks


This is an older pattern from the Six Sox KAL, but one I have not knitted before. The technique of using leftover yarn in jogless spirals is intriguing, and appeals to my frugal nature. I used three different yarns, all blue variegated ones, but changed the pattern to have the heels, toes, and ribbing the same color. The pattern is here: Stashbusters Spiral Socks
I also chose to do my usual dutch heel, since short row heels don't fit my feet well. Just started the second sock in an attempt to keep myself busy while waiting for the next clue in the Mystery Stole #3 KAL.
My Kauni is dry after having blocked on the wooly blocker overnight, and I will now have to cut the front and add ribbing. More procrastination on my part since there are more decisions to be made. I plan on making the buttons for the sweater from polymer clay and have to do some sketches and color mixing.

No comments: