Saturday, April 05, 2008

Coronet Hat

Boating season is starting up and my knitting is going to be primarily socks, since that is the most portable and small. But in the meantime, here is a hat, Coronet Hat from knitty.com, for one of my granddaughters (whoever likes the color better - I will do a second one in a different color). I used Cotton-Ease for the first time after hearing that a lot of other knitters liked it, and I have to say that I am pleased with it. It wasn't to painful for my hands to knit like some non-wool yarns, and it stood up to machine-washing and drying and still feels soft. I knit this up as a large swatch, really, to see if I liked the Cotton-Ease, and now I think that when I buy more yarn, I can safely use this. The stitch definition is quite good and there are some nice colors available.

Now, which one of the girls wants this?? Hmm.....

No comments: