Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Hot Pink Turkish Socks


This is another stashbusting project, but I'm really happy with the finished socks! I did not have a whole lot of the dark burgundy yarn, after finishing a pair of socks, but I thought I would have enough for at least the leg and maybe more. I finished one leg of one sock, and then started the second. I could see that there would be enough for heels, so did one, and then the other, and then I could see there was enough remaining for some detail at the toe. These are from Red Bird Knits . The pattern is called Istanbul, and is just one of her many lovely patterns.

The sock is knit with 72 stitches on #0 dpns. I used Lorna's Laces sock yarn for the hot pink and some other yarn, I forget which, for the burgundy.

2 comments:

Terri Lynn said...

Wow! Your work is sensational!

Monika said...

What a lovely combination, wonderful sock pattern!