Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Openwork Ribbed Socks



My usual toe-up socks with dutch heel, knit on #0 dpns with 64 stitches, with crocheted bindoff in natural. Claudia's Handpainted toes, heels, and ribbing in Cotton Candy colorway, and Gems Pearl (not Opal as I previously stated) merino natural. These babies weigh in at 3 oz for the pair and are extremely cushy feeling. (They are 100% merino wool.) The stitch pattern is a simple 4 stitch, 4 row pattern repeat in openwork eyelet ribbing from Charlene Schurch's Sensational Knitted Socks and has great stretch to it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Know this is a question regarding an old post.....love you OPENWORK RIB socks..the Opal Gems is a sport weight...did you use a sport OR fingering weight on the Claudia cotton candy? 0 needles for a sport weight??????
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cindy Madden said...

Hi anonymous! I'm hoping you will come back here to read my answer to your question!

You are correct! I used Opal Pearl - not the Gems. Good catch! So in fact I used fingering for BOTH yarns.

These socks are VERY squooshy!! So glad you like them.

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
Thanks so for your quick answer! I was thrilled to receive the information. I am starting to be part of the sock mania that exists and just hope to make "all I see!"
Love your work.......